Tourism Economics Assignment: United Travel Agency Increase Regional Revenue
Task: Role of Travel agency in increasing the visitor economy of a region, city or country.
- You are required to evaluate the strategies they have articulated and implemented relating to increasing the visitor economy for a region, city or country. Make a reasonable use of table of contents, headings, sub-headings and other organisational methods (such as tables, charts, diagrams).
- Write a 1500 words report evaluating the infrastructure, principles and practices, risk management, stakeholders, promotion and support the agency provides for the destination.
- The report should demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the destination/attraction experiential services and qualities, and tourist/visitor motivation theory.
Executive Summary: The following tourism economics assignment will provid clear vista on how travel agency can enhance the economic growth of regions. United travel agency has already established a recognizable place in the tourism market of Australia. While starting their journey United Travels have followed a proper business ethics and values. The business professionals are determined in maintaining the quality of services. The tourism economics assignment will evaluate that competitors’ market threat is a major risk faced by United Travels in current business scenario. As a result, the business experts in order to manage the threats are introducing different seasonal offers within their packages.
1. Introduction: This tourism economics assignment has provided detailed analysis on how travel agency plays one of the most significant roles of enhancing the economic growth of regions. Travelling is a very old phenomenon based on which people spend their valuable time and refresh their mind staying away from hectic life schedule. In today’s dynamic World, travelling is not a headache for the visitors. Large number of travel agencies has established their wings in different holiday destinations. Visitors in order to visit a particular place do not have to arrange anything. With the help of travel agents, they can get airline tickets, visa, hotels, food and transport facilities. As a result, people who are not very accustomed with the outer World can show their interest in visiting various places. This tourism economics assignment investigates the current scenario of tourism and identifies 75% of the visitors are dependent on travel operators for making their journey successful. United travel agency has already established a recognizable place in the tourism market of Australia. After providing their facilities and benefits, the operators have grabbed the attention of innumerable international travelers as well (unitedtravels.co.in, 2018). As a result, the country is automatically getting developed by its economic strengths. As per statistical data of 2015, tourism provided 3.0% of Australia's GDP by contributing A$47.5 billion towards the overall national economy of Australia.
2. Findings and discussions:
2.1 Strategies implemented for increasing economy of a region or city:
It was however undeniable during the research and data collection of this tourism economics assignment that a large number of travel agencies are established in Australia (Moutinho & Vargas-Sanchez, 2018). The position of United Travels is somehow different in Australian market. The primary strategies based on which United Travels have created a different impression in the mind of customers are as follows:
- Offer packages: United Travels provides different seasonal offers to the visitors from providing transport facility to food and lodge facility. Therefore, the visitors do not have to keep any additional burden while enjoying their journey. As a result, both the customers and the service providers both of them can maintain a good rapport (Lloyd, 2014). Automatically, this travel agency has gained a reputation in Australian market based on which the tourism business is getting developed day by day.
- An attractive websites: Visitors usually come across numerous websites, which do not have any attractive or colorful website presence where customer would love to go through. However, the overall look of United Travels website is very much attractive which provides an in-depth overview about tourism destinations of Australia to the customers (Gretzel et al., 2015). The political, economic technological factors are also described in this website so that international visitors do not get hesitated in travelling to Australia.
- Uploading videos of tourism destinations as well as customer review: The service providers of United Travels always like to upload new videos on social media pages so that they can attract the attention of diverse people. In addition, the service United Travels is already appreciable on behalf of service users. Therefore, the business experts have uploaded customer reviews on their website in order to draw the attention of others.
2.2 Principles or practices that that travel agency needs to follow while attracting the visitors:
United Travels has followed several practices while serving the customers due to which they have taken place a recognizable place in the realm of tourism industry.
- Providing equal priority to diverse cultural people: The service providers associated with United Travels are much unbiased in their nature, gesture and services. They love to provide equal importance to all the people associated at the workplace (Vila, Darcy & González, 2015). From the research performed during the tourism economics assignment preparation, it was identified that visitors of different cultural and religious backgrounds like to use the service of this travel agency, which reflects positive impact on the tourism business of Australia.
- Multilingual competency: The service providers of United Travels are having multilingual expertise due to which visitors having language barrier do not have to face challenges in communicating with the travel operators. They feel comfortable in using services and show their interest in using the services of United Travels.
- Providing superior quality of services: While starting their journey United Travels have followed a proper business ethics and values. The business professionals are determined in maintaining the quality of services (Brooker & Joppe, 2014). Automatically customers get impressed and the business experts gain immense recognition in the tourism business field.
2.3 Risk factors and management:
- Competitors’ market threat is a major risk faced by United Travels in current business scenario. It is however observed that the business experts are facing huge market threat from G Adventures, Ultimate Travels, Globus, Topdeck and so many. As a result, the business experts in order to manage the threats are introducing different seasonal offers within their packages (Whitford & Ruhanen, 2014).
- The rise of new competitors may impact on customer loyalty of United Travels. The customers who used their services due to high quality are switching their moods by using the services of others. United Travels in order to manage the threat needs to promote the business more widely so that customers get attracted in their promotions.
2.4 Stakeholder analysis:
In order to analyze the stakeholder the business professionals of United Travels follows four major steps:
- Identify the stakeholder
- Prioritize the stakeholders
- Segregate their needs and demands
- Increase the number of stakeholders
Before designing the products and services, United Travels needs to identify the stakeholders and their demographic and psychographic backgrounds. In case of travel agencies, the stakeholders belong to both premium and average cost. Therefore, the business professionals like to design their products and services in such a way that both these two customers would like to avail the services (Hall & Coles, 2014). In addition, based on the priority the business experts segregate their needs and demands. For example, in case of attracting the international customers of premium income status the travel operators have made a tie-up with premium airline brands so that the visitors can get a luxury treatment from the airline services. In case of increasing the number of stakeholders, the business experts have decided to promote their brands more widely in multinational countries (Wray, 2015). As a result, people of various cultural backgrounds would show their interest in using the products and its services.
2.5 Promotional plans for attracting the customers:
While promoting the business United Travels has decided to use social media platforms based on which they can easily grab the attention of large number of customers. Social media can promote the brand beyond going regional boundary (Bradly, 2015). The platform of Facebook, Instagram, Youtube can collect the attention of audience from different multinational country. As a result, United Travels can easily gain brand identity and brand image. The business professionals like to upload 360 degree views of different holiday destinations of Australia to attract the mind of customers.
- United Travels need to increase their number of workforces with the help of which the business experts can maintain proper balance between demands and supply (Gardiner, Grace & King, 2014). In the month of peak season, the customers do not get services of United Travels due to their high demand in market.
- The business experts can incorporate several other sections within their business. For example, they can avail transport business along with travelling agency. As a result, customers who are not using their services can use their vehicles as well. As a result, the business operators can gain immense image and reputation (Wray, 2015).
- The travel operators would have to take more initiatives in promoting their business in different geographical boundaries by enhancing their promotion budget.
It can be therefore concluded on this tourism economics assignment that in today’s dynamic World, travelling is not a headache for the visitors. Large number of travel agencies has established their wings in different holiday destinations. Visitors in order to visit a particular place do not have to arrange anything. With the help of travel agents, they can get airline tickets, visa, hotels, and food and transport facilities. United Travels provides different seasonal offers to the visitors from providing transport facility to food and lodge facility. Therefore, the visitors do not have to keep any additional burden while enjoying their journey. In addition, the service of United Travels is already appreciable on behalf of service users. The service providers associated with United Travels are much unbiased in their nature, gesture and services. They love to provide equal importance to all the people associated at the workplace. The business professionals are determined in maintaining the quality of services. This tourism economics assignment has identified automatically customers get impressed and it leaves a major positive impact on Australian economic growth as well as the development of city. Tourism economics assignments are being prepared by our economics assignment help experts from top universities which let us to provide you a reliable Australia assignment help service.
Bradly, A. (2015). The business-case for community investment: Evidence from Fiji’s tourism industry. Social Responsibility Journal, 11(2), 242-257.
Brooker, E., & Joppe, M. (2014). Developing a tourism innovation typology: Leveraging liminal insights. Journal of Travel Research, 53(4), 500-508.
Gardiner, S., Grace, D., & King, C. (2014). The generation effect: The future of domestic tourism in Australia. Journal of Travel Research, 53(6), 705-720.
Gretzel, U., Sigala, M., Xiang, Z., & Koo, C. (2015). Smart tourism: foundations and developments. Electronic Markets, 25(3), 179-188.
Hall, C. M., & Coles, T. (2014). Introduction: tourism and international business–tourism as international business. In International business and tourism (pp. 15-40). Routledge.
Lloyd, D. W. (2014). Battlefield tourism: Pilgrimage and the commemoration of the Great War in Britain, Australia and Canada, 1919-1939. A&C Black.
Moutinho, L., & Vargas-Sanchez, A. (Eds.). (2018). Strategic Management in Tourism, CABI Tourism Texts. Cabi.
unitedtravels.co.in., (2018). Destinations Unlimited. Available at: http://www.unitedtravels.co.in/
Vila, T. D., Darcy, S., & González, E. A. (2015). Competing for the disability tourism market–a comparative exploration of the factors of accessible tourism competitiveness in Spain and Australia. Tourism Management, 47, 261-272.
Whitford, M., & Ruhanen, L. (2014). Indigenous tourism businesses: An exploratory study of business owners' perceptions of drivers and inhibitors. Tourism Recreation Research, 39(2), 149-168.
Wray, M. (2015). Drivers of change in regional tourism governance: A case analysis of the influence of the New South Wales Government, Australia, 2007–2013. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 23(7), 990-1010.