System Engineering Assignment On Planning The Design Of Bridge Project
Task Description: In this group assessment, you are required to write a report which critically analyses the conceptual design phase of a systems engineering project. Projects might include designing a bridge, a dam, an environmentally-conscious building or a mechatronic system. You might not have been involved in the project personally, but some connection with the project would make the analysis more meaningful. The report should analyse the following:
- Needs definition
- Conceptual system design
1. Introduction: As a wide-field, the system engineering project is high-multiplex standard that based on the spectroscopic survey background and the facility under the several development and growth prospect that initiate with the different working segment. Its foremost importance that associate with the various drivers are in the fields of galactic system engineering processes so that the inclusion of the overall work indications can able to structure things while planning the design of the design (Suthersanet al. 2016). Systems engineering is a process that called as the interdisciplinary method and describe with the idea in order to permit the awareness of the successful systems planning and their further work associations. It helps to provide the proper emphasis on the projection and defining the needs of the customer and effectively focus towards the required progression on the functionality. However, documentation of several requirements, in designing the bridge being scheduled with the innovation and design implication and synthesis proceeds with the system authentication while it further consider the comprehensive problem.
2. Needs definition : This system engineering process will further proceed with the effective work initiation in particular way that provide the spectroscopic based complements to the huge area of the surveys coming from different working prospects while planning for the design of bridge. Some of the unique operations along with the stated configuration process that helps to access the entire thing conduct with the better implications that merge the overall processes in a better manner. The fixed configuration processes along with the observed specifications based on the information serving from the overall thing can manage to system things with time (Locatelli et al. 2014).
The systems engineering process in design the bridge helps to analyse the ‘mission and the environment of the entire project so that the assisted specification can be stated in a proper manner. The system analysis and the control processes involve the balance application that can structure the functional possibilities in order to induce the perfect coordination and the progressed specification that incorporate-
- Decomposing some of the lower level functions
- Allocating the performance and limiting any other requirements that is associated with all the functional level
- Both the internal and the external functional interfaces get constructed in a better way
- Integrate, define and redefine the probable implications based on the interfaces
In this criteria the process input is an essential basis that generate the effective assistance based on the requirements, needs and objectives so that measuring the service effectiveness, the follow up development level and initiating the environments considerations pose for the later activities and their suitable integration in a better manner for making the design of the bridge. The development effort along with the technological assistance cater the organized background so that the need for the program decision requirements can able to initiate with time. The specific statement and the standard procedures connect for the requirements that applied in a suitable manner for the overall design prospect of a bridge.The cost-related aims and goals of the project needs to associate in a proper way that can consider the positive result and exposure. Focusing to the fraction and the system key is another consideration in this state so that the overall progression can able to reconstruct the structured procedure in a suitable manner (Grondzik and Kwok, 2014). With the development of high-speed railroads the dynamic behaviour of railroad bridges is increasingly important to explore. Deeper knowledge about the influence of different factors.
Figure 1: Design and plan of a bridge
(Source:Nicholasand Steyn, 2017, p-112)
Project management assisted with the system engineering structure consider any project that in overall basis can create the better approaches for the further working initiation and the whole and in any segregation the various funds and the acquisition of the technologies or any kind of systems of the technologies that can provide or suggestivelysubsidize to the effective provision of the one or the more systemoperator services as that get well-defined in the entire process (Federici et al. 2016). In order to meet the need of the consumers the systems engineering process helps to specify the planning assessment and creating the better probability based on the overall market practices and the engaged suggestion for the later orientation (Nicholas and Steyn, 2017). The analysis of these bridges should be carried out for different loading conditions. Bridges are normally designed for dead load, live load and other occasional loads.
The “V” Systems Engineering Model while designing the bridge and the other processes consider the perfect base that initiate with the effective developed over the years that specify a series of phases that process with the assortmentthe systems engineering approach (Nicholas and Steyn, 2017). Among with the different models, the “V” model, is integration as the de facto ordinary way to process with the processed characterizearrangements that the engineering for several projects.
Figure 2: Planning of “V” Diagram (Bridge design)
(Source:Locatelliet al. 2014, p-1410)
The leftward wing with the inclusion of the expressions along with the different purposes pose with the provincial construction, probability lessons, and perception of the investigation purposes that sustenance with the initial identification purposes and generate the scoping of a project development based on the regional needs and their prospects (Grondzik and Kwok, 2014). The fundamental core of the further inclusion of the “V” displays the effective project definition, application, and the corroboration processes in a better way. The right wing demonstrations along with the maintenance and operations, different changes and several upgrades, and decisive departure of the classification (Stantonet al. 2017). The “V” diagram will help to create the better design processes for making the bridge by following the systems engineering process and conduct the each processes with the control specifications.
3. Conceptual design: During the process of system analysis, the examination of the system based data and the accessed market considerations create the better assisted processes that is very significant in order to design a bridge. Examination of the data is getting created of more than one equal at the state of the beginning (that get initiate in the first level) and diverse concepts are being used at each of the level while planning for the design of a bridge. At the first level, specialist develops a particular intangible system design prospect that can assist for the better involvement towards making the design of the bridge. The conceptual design framing collections proceed with the bearing for the approachable management information system (MIS).
The design of the project related to bridge
- Bridge Pier Scour in Tidal Environments
- Warehouse Redesign Process
- Soil Steel Composite Bridges
- Life Cycle Assessment of Concrete Structures
- The Design of an Overpass Crossing on Railway
- Effect of Dead, Live and Blast Loads on a Suspension Bridge
- Preliminary Design and Multi-Criteria Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis of a Portal Frame Railway Bridge
- Capacity of Frozen Soil for Shallow Tunnel Pre-Support
- Analysis and Behaviour Investigations of Box Girder Bridges
The process is quite dynamic that managers contribute extremely at this initial stage so that handling of the overall prospect can be involved with the better progression that concentrates to the bridge design prospect and some of the other alternatives as concerned. Conceptual design is the process that sometimes called probability design, the gross design or the high level design (Locatelli et al. 2014). The conceptual design related to making a bridge and their implementation process phase takes as participation in order to formulate the entire processes in a suitable manner with the management of warehouse and considerable part of the logistics cost. With the follow up based on the management information and an established process of management objectives for the different processes that involve with the design of bridge and create the symmetric functionalities for the later basis and their management (Wasson, 2015). The conceptual design proclamation and the various stage that helps to complete bridge design aspects are detained and the best one is designated by the classification that the forecaster in the stated conference with the top management purposes. The practicability of the meeting implications the management purposes for the bride related design bridge projects is getting assessed by showing the process of how the classification will work forward with the assisted at the extraordinary level is drained. Therefore, the conceptual design is also acknowledged as the process of gross design,extraordinary level approaches becomes the basis for the comprehensive processes that consider the design of the bridge (Vaishnavi and Kuechler, 2015). Hereafter, the conceptual design related to design of the bridge is a process of pre-design for the systematic and detailed specifications. The system design get assembled with the formative indications based on the proper work purposes and managing the entire work possibilities in a particular manner.
Setting up the proper System Objectives: The system objectives that incorporated with the functional areas while making the design of the bridge and the evolved work possibilities culminate with the different states that can define the objectives in a better way. The efficiency along with the demand based satisfaction get generate with the standard market procedure so that the entire thing can able to assimilate the proper findings and the related work processes can able to structure things in a better manner (Buede and Miller, 2016). The better engaged work processes and managing the systematic work progressions consider the objectives so that the entire thing can process with the better work assessment. The principle work process development and the anticipatedorientation coordinate with the better system related prospect that can generate the understanding based on the specific planning(Hubka, 2015).
4. Evaluation : While analysing the design prospect related to the iterative nature and their other several work indications generate the better approaches that can associate with the systems design in a bridge and its progression as is can easily implicit when the user contemplate the third step and follow up the later working statement in the process-establishing constraints (McConnachie et al. 2018). It process also can be stated as the problem boundaries or any kind of restrictions, that constraints permit the designer to create and to specify the several approaches based on the conditions under which the purposes can be accomplished and to deliberate the limitations that limits the design. The main two stages that helps to setting up the objectives and founding the constraints can be measured together as one base. The several Constraints can be later viewed as an undesirable limitation on the process of systems design, but while get to concentrate on the overall processes in a systematic manner there is a positive benefit also. The process of external environment that get considered when planning the design of the bridge is alarmed by the customer based processes and the several implications that can assist things in a better manner. Some of the order entry that connected with billing and the additional systems that border with the needs of the customers in mind and by following the requirements of the mass (Kapurand Pecht, 2014). If some of the outputs from the essential system base characterization are not suitable to the consumer, a certain level of limitation get faced up from the entire thing. The administration imposes and work on the different inclusion of the certain restrictions on the dispensation of the data that being collected in the bridge design process and planning. This process can be the incorporated and state the requirement in order to create and maintain the reserve process of certain programmes of evidence to observe with the law and regulation implications in conduct of project.
5. Conclusion: The systems engineering specification related to the design of a bridge help to embodies the different functional necessities to be comprehended by the application of the process of conceptual design into the hardware and software so that it can able to meet the several system operational requirements. It is customarily a significant approach based on the product of the system inclusion within the conceptual design phase. It will create a contrast from the preliminary necessities while design the bridge by the revisions that is being made during the scheme of design the bridge and the processed outcomes of the previous artefacts. The required specifications of the control processes and the system engineering conduct with the characteristics, support supplies, and any kind of special requirements such as human interfaces and safety.
Buede, D.M. and Miller, W.D., 2016. The engineering design of systems: models and methods. John Wiley & Sons.
Chapman, W., 2018. Engineering modeling and design. Routledge.
Eastman, C.M., 2018. Building product models: computer environments, supporting design and construction. CRC press.
Federici, G., Bachmann, C., Biel, W., Boccaccini, L., Cismondi, F., Ciattaglia, S., Coleman, M., Day, C., Diegele, E., Franke, T. and Grattarola, M., 2016. Overview of the design approach and prioritization of R&D activities towards an EU DEMO. Fusion Engineering and Design, 109, pp.1464-1474.
Grondzik, W.T. and Kwok, A.G., 2014. Mechanical and electrical equipment for buildings. John Wiley & Sons.
Hubka, V., 2015. Principles of engineering design. Elsevier.
Kapur, K.C. and Pecht, M., 2014. Reliability engineering. John Wiley & Sons.
Locatelli, G., Mancini, M. and Romano, E., 2014. Systems engineering to improve the governance in complex project environments. International Journal of Project Management, 32(8), pp.1395-1410.
McConnachie, A.W., Flagey, N., Szeto, K., Mignot, S., Hill, A. and Hall, P., 2018, July. Maximising the sensitivity of next generation multi-object spectroscopy: system budget development and design optimizations for the Maunakea Spectroscopic Explorer. In Modeling, Systems Engineering, and Project Management for Astronomy VIII (Vol. 10705, p. 1070522). International Society for Optics and Photonics.
Nicholas, J.M. and Steyn, H., 2017. Project management for engineering, business and technology. Routledge.
Romiszowski, A.J., 2016. Designing instructional systems: Decision making in course planning and curriculum design. Routledge.
Stanton, N.A., Salmon, P.M., Rafferty, L.A., Walker, G.H., Baber, C. and Jenkins, D.P., 2017. Human factors methods: a practical guide for engineering and design. CRC Press.
Suthersan, S.S., Horst, J., Schnobrich, M., Welty, N. and McDonough, J., 2016. Remediation engineering: design concepts. CRC Press.
Vaishnavi, V.K. and Kuechler, W., 2015. Design science research methods and patterns: innovating information and communication technology. Crc Press.
Wasson, C.S., 2015. System engineering analysis, design, and development: Concepts, principles, and practices. John Wiley & Sons.
Wu, Y., Bai, Y., Song, Y., Huang, Q., Zhao, Z. and Hu, L., 2016. Development strategy and conceptual design of China lead-based research reactor. Annals of Nuclear Energy, 87, pp.511-516.