Management Assignment: Lead Learning Strategy Implementation at AME
Assessment Instructions: Assessment Instructions Assessment Task is based on an article written by Grossman (2015) titled, 'How to Create a Learning Culture'. In this Assessment Task , students are required to create a project report on learning strategy within an organisation. Students need to assume themselves as a CEO of an organization.
In this assessment task students are required to demonstrate their competency to:
- Provide leadership to learning strategy formation
- Design and develop organizational learning strategy
- Implement organizational learning strategy
- Review organizational learning and development
- Improve organizational learning strategy formation
In this Assessment Task 3, students arc required to conduct a thorough research and develop a power point presentation on “The learning organization ten years on: a case study”. This case study describes that in dealing with change the mindsets of an enterprise’s managers are key to its viability. In this assessment task students are required to demonstrate their competency to:
- Provide leadership to learning strategy formation
- Design and develop organizational learning strategy
- Implement organizational learning Strategy
- Review organizational learning and development
- Improve organizatinal learning strategy formation
Executive summary: The objective of this Management Assignment is to explore the new horizons of learning strategies inside an organization. Leaders of this organization are not observed to be much sincere to invest according to the requirements which are further creating obstacles in achieving the visions of this company. A proper budgetary allocation for improving the quality of training and development of the employees has several positive outcomes. Since business demands are changing for meeting customer satisfaction level thus without incorporating proper techniques business organizations will become unable to cope up with current demands. Moreover, by sharing each other’s view workers can grab in-depth knowledge regarding their perspectives and thereby they can mitigate threat related to conflict generation. Moreover, training medium needs to utilize easy language so that participants become able to understand training goals. In this Management Assignment, certain analysis has been done to reach at a valid strategy implementation.
Introduction: Adhering to definite learning strategy in different complex workplaces is crucial enough to assess the overall outcome of the workplace activities. Therefore, formulation and implementation of the learning strategy are equally important. Thus, it is the sole responsibility of the CEO of an organization to invest more in implementing innovative learning strategies in an organization by virtue of which employees would be able to explore out-of-the-box ideas.
The objective of this report is to explore the new horizons of learning strategies inside an organization. Thus, in the present report, a problem analysis is included incorporating different issues relevant to the present topic of creation of learning culture inside an organization. In this context leadership issue, money allocation issue and change incorporation issue is included. In addition to this, the issue related to the unlocking of learning the culture as well as the strategic creation of different learning opportunities is also added in the current report.
a. Leadership issues: From the standpoint of CEO of AME, it can be recognized that in my organization money allocation for exploring different innovative learning strategies is obviously a challenge that is hampering the future business prospect of this organization. Leaders of this organization are not observed to be much sincere to invest according to the requirements which are further creating obstacles in achieving the visions of this company. Additionally, this negligence has forced the leaders of AME to negotiate with the wellbeing of the clients. Thus, it can be analyzed that the service quality of this organization has deteriorated to such a level which, in turn, is responsible for knocking down of the financial aspects of this business firm .
It has been reported from the HR management group that the dominant communication strategy add adopted by the hierarchy of the organization is not suitable for the working culture of this company and thus, a much cooperative, as well as a sophisticated communicational approach, is desired to be implemented inside the business environment.
Figure 1: Workplace learning Framework (Source:2 )
Until and unless such operative communication is practiced by the higher authority, the learning programs implemented by the organization would not achieve the required success2 .
As a matter of fact, AME leaders are not sincere enough to invent new learning strategies which are making the workplace stagnant. Thus, my viewpoint is that the management should implement newer and technologically enriched learning strategies and thus, invest accordingly. The primitive old-fashioned learning strategies adopted by the leaders are not able to assess the outcome of the work output and hence, the learning programs have not achieved the desired result . Therefore, changing the thinking mindset of the leaders would be suitable to drive the learning programs towards a positive direction.
b. Money allocation issue: Adopting constructive learning strategies that would replenish the knowledge requirements of the employees is a viable approach in the present context of changing a business pattern. Thus, from the viewpoint of a CEO of AME I can suggest that in the area of training and development, adequate money allocation is a crying need. Definitely, the hierarchy of my organization is not taking care in this respect which is responsible for negotiation with the business knowledge of the employees.
Figure 2: Framework approach of business knowledge
A proper budgetary allocation for improving the quality of training and development of the employees has several positive outcomes. As for example, by adhering to such strategies the company would be able to improve the customer service as well as reduce the employee absenteeism . Additionally, it is also beneficial for reducing the requirement for supervision and boosting the business practices. The employees have to inculcate adaptation strategies that would suit the new learning programs. Nevertheless, this inculcation can be facilitated by the increase of the money allocation in this specific segment. Indeed, innovative training processes would be profitable for the organization7>sup> .
c. Change incorporation:It can be seen that learning concept is evolving rapidly in order to attain organizational criterion. Since business demands are changing for meeting customer satisfaction level thus without incorporating proper techniques business organizations will become unable to cope up with current demands. In this digital era learning process is developing rapidly but in order to learn latest strategies, offline learning is indispensable. Apart from this, every organization has their own traditional values thus incorporation of new strategies emerge tough on these cases. Hence, to mitigate these threats organizations need to adopt advanced learning strategies for seeking more students towards firm 8. However, it has been observed that traditional learning methods are often emerging incapable of competing with present requirements due to lack of skills of those methods.
Moreover, due to the incorporation of digitalization, it has been seen that current learning techniques are becoming less expensive. Hence, traditional learning techniques are becoming incapable of coming up with this. Besides this, traditional techniques are time-consuming due to which most of the students lose their interest during their learning. Apart from this, it can be observed that due to new techniques incorporation learning process is emerging more effective which is offering students more sharp knowledge9 . In AME we provide world-class learning procedures that are helpful for the enrichment of students.
However, it is a fact that in order to compete with global leaders AME also needs to improve their strategies10 .
Figure 3: Advanced learning framework approach
(Source: 11 )
Since global companies are evolving their strategies randomly thus without meeting clients demand entrepreneurs cannot grab a competitive advantage. On the other hand, in order to make students capable of competing inside global market, we are providing unique analytical skills to our students which are enabling students to mitigate business risks . Our advanced technology, as well as quality service, is making students capable of competing with other organizations. Although it is fact that organizations need to gather knowledge on continuous development thus AME needs to incorporate these unique strategies within them.
d. Learning culture unlocking: In order to gain deeper insight into business criteria, it is mandatory for the organizations to gather knowledge over learning culture unlocking method. Since learning culture unlocking cannot be provided through training thus proper collaboration among workers is essential . In this regards, it can be observed that in order to improve learning culture organizations need to enhance teamwork. Since every employee has unique knowledge thus by sharing their views organizations can develop their business. Apart from this, learning to other employees helps in enrichment which elevates employee efficiency. Thus by enhancing each other’s efficiency organizations can grab intensified skilled employee base.
Moreover, by sharing each other’s view workers can grab in-depth knowledge regarding their perspectives and thereby they can mitigate threat related to conflict generation. As for an example, it can be seen that few employees have dense knowledge regarding customer management whereas others possess intense knowledge related to technological advancement. Thus by sharing each other’s view employees can make each other’s more efficient in diversified field 14. However, it also needs to be mentioned that sharing of data must have a certain extent as sharing data reduces confidentiality of firm.
Thus, during the information sharing staffs need to assess each other’s trustworthiness so that data confidentiality does not get harmed. On the other hand, in order to attain goals of organization clear knowledge regarding organizational vision is essential thus but sharing proper views organization can enhance their productivity. Similarly, it can be observed that curiosity impacts performance of employee thus in order to achieve quality performance organization needs to subdue these curiosities among employees which can provide business sustainability15 .
e. Learning culture creation: In order to improve learning culture of AME authority needs to take initiatives. Apart from this, in order to create learning culture leaders of AME need to provide formal training to their staffs so that they become able to understand organizational demands. Besides this, training programs of hierarchies must have to include risk mitigation techniques whereby employees can enrich their knowledge regarding risk mitigation . However, without appropriate training programs employees cannot develop their skills. Moreover, training medium needs to utilize easy language so that participants become able to understand training goals. Similarly, feedback is an effective method for organizational goal achieving as it provides in-depth knowledge regarding clients' needs. Thus by incorporating feedback system inside the organization and by governing these feedbacks properly organizational productivity as well as reputation can be enhanced17 .
Furthermore, feedbacks provide the opportunity of finding out the reason for dissatisfaction. Hence, by assessing feedbacks properly company can rectify their errors whereby they can grab strong customer base. Moreover, customer base intensification process can enrich students’ knowledge regarding learning culture creation. Hence, it is mandatory for the organizations to organize training sessions for their staffs in order to intensify knowledge of their employees and thereby effective worker base can be grabbed by AME.
From the above analysis, it can be observed that being a CEO of AME I need to develop different learning models inside the organization. Apart from this, students of AME need proper training regarding their organizational culture in order to improve their skills. On the other hand, leaders of the organization need dense knowledge regarding leadership strategy so that they become able to share this knowledge with their students. Besides this, during money allocation leaders need to be cautious as effective money allocation soothes in organizational financial performance improvement. Similarly, it can be observed that traditional methods that are followed by AME are expensive thus organization needs to adopt advanced technologies.
1. LO understanding: Learning organization (LO) is an organization that provides in-depth knowledge to business students in order to enrich their knowledge regarding business management. It infuses knowledge regarding business risk mitigation techniques as well as business development procedures. Moreover, enhancement in competition is a threat to emerging businesses thus it also soothes in collecting knowledge regarding business competitiveness reduction18 . In order to enhance effective learning, it needs to cover team learning strategies along with vision sharing. Besides these, business development models need to be understood by organizations that help in gathering dense knowledge regarding competitive advantage achieving. Moreover, LOs need to incorporate advanced technologies and experts so that students gather clear knowledge regarding technological improvement.
2. Failure reason assessment: Learning organization always maintains the process of learning and depends on these learning changes its structure and working procedure. Hence change management is closely related to the learning organization. This is a major reason behind the failure of learning organization because in many cases it can be seen that due to the improper learning process of the employees are unable to cope up with the changes of the learning process19 . Moreover in learning organizations always relies on the market competitiveness in order to survive in the market and hence creates extra pressure on its employees. This leads to employee dissatisfaction and this is another major reason behind failing of the learning organization.
3. Disequilibrium between formative and normative activities: Formative operations are performed inside organizations that are related to training regarding skill improvement. On the other hand, normative operations are based on proven facts thus the viability of these operations is more. However, normative operations are time taking procedure as it needs a thorough assessment of but formative operations differ here20 . Additionally, formative operations are based on training programs which help in students' knowledge enrichment. Thus, by enriching knowledge of students’ business authority can grab a wide range of efficient employees. On the other hand, normative operations are helpful for profit enhancement as it is based on effective models study.
4. Workplace learning: In order to enrich students, knowledge organizations need to provide training to their employees. In this digital era, it can be observed that internet is available to almost everyone; organizations can provide training over the internet. Besides this, the organization needs to manage their resources effectively and has to encourage employees according to their performance21 . In a similar vein, it can be observed that for productivity enhancement teamwork is important thus organization needs to offer knowledge regarding teamwork effectiveness in their training sessions. Hence, gathering proper information regarding teamwork efficiency employees can enhance their skills which can be accounted for their self-improvement.
Figure 4: Training learning framework of organization
5. CIBC learning strategy: CIBC is a financial institution that deals with money and provides security to people. Apart from this, the organization is working with 44,000 employees and thereby providing satisfactory services to their clients22 . It can be observed from the case study of CIBC that from their starting period this organization has faced many difficulties in way of their business propagation. Thus, to mitigate problems this organization has provided effective training to its employees whereby employees have enhanced their knowledge regarding work culture of CIBC. Along with this, it has implemented advanced technologies inside the company for assessing properly client needs and thereby it has met their requirements.
Ahearne, M., Lam, S. K., & Kraus, F. (2014). Performance impact of middle managers' adaptive strategy implementation: The role of social capital. Strategic Management Journal, 35(1), 68-87.
ame.org.au. (2018). AME. Available at: http://www.ame.org.au/ [Accessed 29/03/2018]
Bower, M., Dalgarno, B., Kennedy, G. E., Lee, M. J., & Kenney, J. (2015). Design and implementation factors in blended synchronous learning environments: Outcomes from a cross-case analysis. Computers & Education, 86, 1-17.
cibc.com. (2018). CIBC. Available at: https://www.cibc.com/en/about-cibc.html [Accessed 25/03/2018]
Cunningham, I., & Dawes, G. (2016). The handbook of work-based learning. Abingdon: Routledge.
Dixon, N. M. (2017). The organizational learning cycle: How we can learn collectively. Abingdon: Routledge.
Gerschewski, S., Rose, E. L., & Lindsay, V. J. (2015). Understanding the drivers of international performance for born global firms: An integrated perspective. Journal of World Business, 50(3), 558-575.
Kantar, L. D., & Massouh, A. (2015). Case-based learning: What traditional curricula fail to teach. Nurse Education Today, 35(8), e8-e14.
Kegan, R. (2018). What “form” transforms?: A constructive-developmental approach to transformative learning. In Contemporary theories of learning, 29-45.
Khanagha, S., Volberda, H., & Oshri, I. (2014). Business model renewal and ambidexterity: structural alteration and strategy formation process during transition to a Cloud business model. R&D Management, 44(3), 322-340.
Liep?, Ž., & Sakalas, A. (2015). The three-loop learning model appliance in new product development. Engineering Economics, 58(3), 1-8.
Manuti, A., Pastore, S., Scardigno, A. F., Giancaspro, M. L., & Morciano, D. (2015). Formal and informal learning in the workplace: a research review. International journal of training and development, 19(1), 1-17.
Nikolova, I., Van Ruysseveldt, J., De Witte, H., & Syroit, J. (2014). Work-based learning: Development and validation of a scale measuring the learning potential of the workplace (LPW). Journal of Vocational Behavior, 84(1), 1-10.
Prajogo, D. I. (2016). The strategic fit between innovation strategies and business environment in delivering business performance. International Journal of Production Economics, 171, 241-249.
Ruggie, J. G. (2017). The theory and practice of learning networks: Corporate social responsibility and the Global Compact. In Learning To Talk, 32-42.
Schmitz, S., Rebelo, T., Gracia, F. J., & Tomá, I. (2014). Learning culture and knowledge management processes: To what extent are they effectively related?. Revista de Psicología del Trabajo y de las Organizaciones, 30(3), 95.
Tarhini, A., Al-Dmour, R. H., & Obeidat, B. Y. (2015). Strategic it-business alignment as managers’explorative and exploitative strategies. European Scientific Journal, ESJ, 11(7), 1-21.
Tarhini, A., Ammar, H., & Tarhini, T. (2015). Analysis of the critical success factors for enterprise resource planning implementation from stakeholders’ perspective: A systematic review. International Business Research, 8(4), 25.