9 Building Blocks Driving the Kalido Business Model
Task: To be completed individually, you are required to prepare a business report that deconstructs an organisation's business model and identifies the critical success factors that make the business sustainable. Your analysis will demonstrate your critical thinking skills and your ability to professionally articulate your findings.
Before commencing, you must seek your lecturer's approval to undertake an analysis of the business you have chosen. The type of organisation that should be identified for study is one that is relatively new, innovative in how they operate, and have most likely been established in the last five years.
To achieve a result that meets your study objectives, please ensure the business report addresses each of the assessment criteria detailed below and which is elaborated in the marking rubric.
This report looks into the Kalido Business Model, a marketing agency under IVE in Australia using the nine blocks business model. It aims to study the factors the agency uses to make itself attractive to the brands seeking an agency that meets all the criteria. It deconstructs the business model and puts forth the elements behind its critical success as well as the risks it might face in future. It also includes a set of recommendations that would be the changes one could make to the organisation to make it better.
Kalido as a brand so far has managed to provide exceptional strategies that promise to communicate effectively with its customers. It aims to create, manage, personalise, produce and distribute content never seen before across multiple channels.
The Kalido Business Model is one of the essential parts of the IVE Group and is considered to be one of Australia's most dynamic and diverse businesses when it comes to the fields of communications, marketing and print. Its annual revenue is approximately around $700Million, and it hosts around several 1.800 employees. It is known to make communications between their clients and customers comfortable and effective by creating personalised content and manage its proper distribution across multiple channels. It prides itself of being able to transform Business on the bases of its data-driven solutions. (Wang et al. (2017))
They aim to effectively create a new vision for their clients through the means of data analytics, various innovative customer experience strategies, the concept of creative development and focused digital services.
Kalido is a new breed of customer experience firm building which is driven by customer data and leads to active consumer engagement. Their trademark Is providing innovative solutions to clients, which will help speedy gain in the market as well as optimise the brand experience. It is one of the leading Salesforce marketing cloud partners in the Asia Pacific and is also the only Marketing Cloud Platinum Partner in this particular region.
What are nine-building blocks on the Kalido Business Model?
The deconstructing Kalido Business Model using the nine blocks of Business in Osterwalder & Pigneur’s order.
- Customer Segments: As Kalido is an agency where their clients are their customers, they aim to embrace as well as change the marketing technology by partnering with leading technology platforms to provide comprehensive and fully integrated solutions. Their customer segment as a brand serves many customers segments of various niches (Sund et al. 2016).
- Value Proportions: It refers to the fact of how the company solves customer problems or satisfies its customers. The Kalido Business Model helps putting the customers at heart is essential when it comes to any business decision can be achieved by them having access to comprehensive data or critical business metrics. They make sure their customers are aware and informed about their strategies by providing easy to read reports and dashboards (Wang et al. 2017).
- Channels: the Kalido Business Model has allowed Kalido to develop their very own personalised brand experience and use the knowledge of their customers to their advantage by teaming up with platforms like the Adobe marketing cloud, Google Analytics and Tealium make sure that customer problems are looked after (Lim et al. 2018).
- Customer Relationships: Kalido makes sure to maintain a proper relationship with past, current as well as future customers/ clients employing direct mail and emails of their progress and achievements (Batocchio et al. 2016).
- Revenue Streams: Kalido has been well known for innovating the salesforce marketing cloud for the parent company of Red Rooster and Oporto. This has lead to the marketing project increasing the traffic for its customers as well as help the other Craveable brands. They used to mean of email validation, re-engagement and birthdays to help flood their revenue streams. This led to revenue growth of around 9 Million for the sales of the client. It was almost 40%increase in loyalty transactions and up to 35% rise in the membership sign-ups at Craveable (Metallo et al. 2018).
- Essential Resources: the Kalido Business Model mainly depends highly on its creative and innovative strategy to revolutionise the thinking as well as the idea of marketing and salesforce through its activities. They aim to provide personalised journeys as well as incredible creative content relevant to their client's target audience (França et al. 2017).
- Key Partnerships: Kalido initiates partnerships with technology platforms that can provide them with comprehensive solutions to help brand confidently pave a path from the traditional ways of marketing to a revolutionised version of modern-day marketing. They aim to use their creative insights and their partner’s technologies to optimise and create a personalised customer experience by ensuring that the journey is related to good outcomes. They usually market with Salesforce Marketing Cloud as well as Adobe Marketing Cloud (Pisano et al. 2015).
- Cost Structure: The Kalido Business Model also focuses on the cost structure which is mainly value-driven, as they as a business prefer to focus on creation and innovations to provide best value services for each of their customer segment as they make use of highly personalised services to make sure and satisfy needs of all their clients and customers (Giessmann et al. 2016).
Key Interrelationships on the Kalido Business Model
This Kalido Business Model ensures clients have different hosting requirements, however using those as their essential guidelines, they work with the client to put forth a solution and plan which makes sure to optimise efficiency as well as reliability. The partnership requirements make it better to reach and provide suitable solutions abiding by their essential resources (Ashley et al. 2015).
Their customer relationships and ways to maintain them have helped them provide one with good revenue streams, thereby bettering their own. At the same time making sure that the customer stays at the heart of the decision making and providing them with a personalised strategy to tackle all their problems helps Kalido in reaching and paying attention to their customer segments while at the same time providing the right aide for every part that they deal with ( Blakeman et al. 2018).
Critical Success Factors
The Kalido Business Model ensures the company thrives on creative innovations. Their aim to provide personalised end to end design as well as delivery of the market's leading digital experience platforms like the adobe and site core is one of the factors that make them attractive.
Their partner, Tealium, which has provided them continuously with tag management solutions that aid in enabling real-time reporting as well as manage to earn them a good interaction with their customers on all digital platforms has also been one of their success factors.
As proven by the accolades for most of their services, they are the best when it comes to Salesforce and Adobe Marketing Cloud implementation and help to optimise a fast track return on all your investments.
With the number of agencies that bench on the creative criteria going bankrupt or acquired there is a high chance for any organisation that deals with constant need for creative pitches to win over a client to face business model disruption. It may lead to uncertainty and lack of knowledge on whom to approach in case the business model is put at risk.
Starting with design thinking: It would help the Kalido Business Model determine creative enthusiasts come up with solutions to questions that have never been questioned. Organisations can think out of the box by taking it with an empathetic approach; this will lead to the start of the design thinking process.
Balancing the team: It would be better to create a balance in the operating team by making sure all artisans, digital or creative are in the right numbers, and no side is overpowering the other.
Understand a customer’s demand: While being innovative and personalised in every aspect may make a brand stand out it is also essential for the company to make sure that they know what the customers of clients are looking forward to. Taking a traditional approach at times to meet a client's audiences is all right too.
This Kalido Business Model outlined progress in every aspect is optimising the use of the internet and utilising every aspect of it in a beautiful way. It has proven itself successful time and again while experimenting with it too. In today’s creative world, where every other brand is trying to come off as unique and fresh, Kalido’s immense artistic level, and use of creative strategy marketing has been proven to be one of the most profound ways of grabbing attention of its audience and has been considered to be ahead of its time. Kalido seems to know that hosting each client taking into consideration their wants is the new marketing style. However, the Kalido Business Model may see the company overexert its boundaries and end up with disruption, Kalido may be open to face it too with its own innovative way to tackle it. Kalido Business Model assignments are being prepared by our marketing assignment help marketing assignment help experts from top universities which let us to provide you a reliable assignment help online service.
Ashley, C., & Tuten, T. (2015). Creative strategies in social media marketing: An exploratory study of branded social content and consumer engagement. Psychology & Marketing, 32(1), 15-27.
Batocchio, A., Ghezzi, A., & Rangone, A. (2016). A method for evaluating business models implementation process. Business Process Management Journal, 22(4), 712-735.
Blakeman, R. (2018). Integrated marketing communication: creative strategy from idea to implementation. Rowman & Littlefield.
França, C. L., Broman, G., Robèrt, K. H., Basile, G., & Trygg, L. (2017). An approach to business model innovation and design for sustainable strategic development. Journal of Cleaner Production, 140, 155-166.
Giessmann, A., & Legner, C. (2016). Designing business models for cloud platforms. Information Systems Journal, 26(5), 551-579.
Lim, C., Kim, K. H., Kim, M. J., Heo, J. Y., Kim, K. J., & Maglio, P. P. (2018). From data to value: A nine-factor framework for data-based value creation in information-intensive services. International Journal of Information Management, 39, 121-135.
Metallo, C., Agrifoglio, R., Schiavone, F., & Mueller, J. (2018). The understanding the business model in the Internet of Things industry. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 136, 298-306.
Pisano, P., Pironti, M., & Rieple, A. (2015). Identify innovative business models: an innovative business models enable players to react to ongoing or unpredictable trends?. Entrepreneurship Research Journal, 5(3), 181-199.
Sund, K. J., Bogers, M., Villarroel, J. A., & Foss, N. (2016). Managing tensions between new and existing business models. MIT Sloan Management Review, 57(4), 8.
Wang, K., Vanassche, S., Ribeiro, A., Peters, M., & Oseyran, J. (2017). Business modesl for building material circularity: learning from frontrunner cases. In International HISER Conference on Advances in Recycling and Management of Construction and Demolition Waste.