Entrepreneurship Assignment: Impact of COVID-19 on SMEs in UK
This business ethics assignment is a reflexive review of the behaviours associated with demonstrating value for people in an ethical and sustainable way.
You will need to:
- Review the new CIPD profession behaviours which are international benchmark for the people profession to enable better decisions, act with confidence, perform at your peak, and drive change in your organisation and progress in your career.
- Consider the 8 core behaviours and self-assess to review your areas of strength as well as areas for development to be effective in managing and developing people.
- Identify 3 areas of strength and present evidence of this with examples of practice.
- Identify 3 areas for development and provide rationale for your choice.
- Write a critical reflexive review of how you will continue to build on the 3 strong core behaviours and develop the other 3 core behaviours identifies to build on and enhance your future management and development of people.
Introduction to Business Ethics Assignment
The professional behaviour is form of etiquette in workplace that are linked with the primarily to respectful as well as courteous conduct. The professional behaviour is beneficial for career as well as it helps to improve the future success. The new CIPD profession behaviour has been accessing the individual behaviour based on the strength and weakness can be identified.
New CIPD profession behaviours
The CIPD is believes on developing people professionally. The main reason is that organisation helps to made up of people as this eventually helps in presenting the new ways based on its proper management activities can be carried. The people professional development is crucial for future and completing the professional for making greater impact as well as thriving through various changes (CIPD People Profession, 2020). CIPD has helped me in developing my skills that has developed me more professionally. Joining in CIPD organisation I have enabled better decision, act with confidence as well as the perform the work during peak time for the development of organisation and also aids in progress in career. My main purpose is to be champion for better working as well as working lives. The organisation also needs to focus on managing the entire system which eventually helps in developing self-assessment. The positive change for achieving the strong professional identify has focused on the shared values as well as robust standards with new professional maps. The professional development among the individual needed for better decision as this is crucial for gaining goals. The organisation focuses on developing long term positive impact as this eventually helps in managing the professional community with the wider society in better ways.
Core behaviours and self-assess
The professional map helps in providing guideline for effective decision making. The core values have helped me in creating new ways for thinking as well as acting which should be universal to deal with challenging situation. The core behaviours are as follows:
- Ethical practices The ethical practices help in building up the trust by developing a role modelling ethically behaviour as well as applying principles for managing the values consistently in decision making capabilities. The ethical values have provided moral compass through which I can make decisions (CIPD People Profession, 2021). For example: during solving the any issues related to by courses I have made decisions for carrying out the activities in better manner. The decision-making capabilities is needed to be carried as this eventually helps in providing better manage system in an appropriate manner. It has significantly impacting upon people’s lives as well as reputation of the company. The ethical practices have helped me to make good decisions with values that improves with lives of others and experiences at work.
- Professional courage and influences The courage to speak up when it is needed and for right thing. The communication skills and influencing others which is crucial for different ranges on a situation based on its proper changes takes place. It is crucial for managing the entire system that help me in developing relationship with others for understanding their views, needs as well as concerns which is most effectively way for communicating with them that aids to influence and achieving positive outcomes (Harrison et al. 2020). It also helps me in developing skills based on it proper management activities takes place. This behaviour has helped me hold lines on morality, fairness and ethics which has been being on side of good, virtuous. For example: during facing challenges with new digital technologies ad new economies, I have courage to challenge both orthodox and emerging which would be influential and aids to be creative for future design of world to work.
- Valuing people I as a people professional it is crucial to value people which helps to put it at the centre of various approaches in order to balance consideration, equality, empathy and supporting others to do so. My main role was to develop a sense of shared purpose and giving individual a meaningful voice on matters that can affects on their working lives. The individua needs to focus on managing the entire system that eventually helps in developing better business (Griggs and Allen, 2018). It has helped me become a leader that is crucial for encouraging a culture of trust, people development for enabling them to do their best at work.
- Working inclusively The pattern of working becomes important as the outcomes is depending upon the work. I have learned to work beyond boundaries, culture and geographies which is crucial that people have given with the opportunity which can be included and enabling to work together. For instance: I have worked apart from my working hours with new pattern for the betterment of organisation. Hence, this has helped me to work beyond by capabilities. Working in collaborative ways has helped me in developing skills which eventually aids in presenting ideas base don it proper activities can be carried (Mcdonnell and Sikander, 2017). The positive working relationship has been developed in me with immediate colleagues. Information sharing and data is crucial in working area.
- Commercial drive The commercial drive has helped me in developing business as well as customer focusing approach and demonstrating the commitment for delivering results that helps to crate values for organisation. I have major responsibilities that ensures for managing as well as creating the vales for people as well as business. This also means for identifying and delivering people issues, risks and opportunities that can impact on individual’s performance (Greasley and Thomas, 2020). I have learned to work in such a manner that helps to identify customer and business focused as well as developing resilience. It has helped me to understand financial consequences of work as well as prove all business cases more professionally. For instance: during developing a project I have implemented my knowledge to develop a new budget that can be cost saving method for organisation.
- Passion for learning The commitment of people to work accordingly for development with core elements of professionalism as well as it is crucial for all people professionals. The behaviours focus on managing people more professionally that help me to ensure about the on-going professional development. It is crucial to seek opportunities for testing new ways for carrying out activities for improving and innovative in our works.
- Insight focused I as a professional has adopted a well-organized approach to analysing the problems as well as the evidences for developing people insights and solution. The behaviour draws upon the asking questions, receiving evidences and assessing with evidences for understanding the problem with its wider implications in better manner (Ross et al. 2020).
- Decision making is situational The situational decision making is basically focusing on making more effective and the pragmatic decisions that is crucial for understanding choices as well as considering with specific situations. It helped me involved for identifying various options along with benefits and risks which area associated with them. The major alignment for developing more professional principles and values in better manner.
Figure 1: Core Behaviours
(Source: CIPD People Profession, 2021)
Areas of strength
- Working culture and environment is one of the major areas for individual professional to give their best. Hence, it has been crucial for me to understand the organisational culture as well as behaviour. For example: The organisational culture has helped me to develop new working skills which eventually helps in my professional career (CIPD People Profession, 2021).
- My communication skills one of my major strength that helped in to communicate with other professional as well as helps in developing understanding level. For instance: the listening skill and responding with every voice helped to give a change of weary employees for NIE framework Networks.
- I was also aware of technology and its impact on individual role performance. My productivity has been increased and also, I work in more collaborative manner.
Areas of development
- The ethical practice is the area which is need to be developed as this is crucial for building trust and values consistently helps in decision making process. In contrary the ethical practices need more rules and regulations to be followed which eventually can impact on the learning process.
- Speaking up fluently is crucial for professional development hence, this eventually impact on individual performance. In contrary the courage of speaking sometimes can back fire that can affect on performance. Hence, speaking as per the situation can be beneficial as this helps in developing good impression on seniors (CIPD People Profession, 2020).
- The situational decision making helps to make an effective and pragmatic decisions which helps to consider the situation. Whereas, sometimes decision-making capabilities gets impacted as sudden ideas for taking proper decision does not generate properly.
Recommend behaviour for future
The valuing people behaviour has been developed that helped me in taking proper decisions. I work more inclusively which has aided to be work in collaborative way all across my boundaries which helped me achieve positive outcomes. The commercial drive has been crucial for managing the entire system which eventually helps in providing better understanding with customers. Whereas the ethical practices are needed to be developed for managing the ethics while dealing with others. In contrary speaking fluently is not needed, work needs to give answer in better way. The decision-making capabilities is required to be developed as this eventually aided in presenting new concept in better manner in an appropriate way (Harrison et al. 2020). The development is crucial which can help to become more professional in better ways. The better management system is crucial which eventually aids in presenting new ideas for developing skill.
It can be concluded that professional development helps individual to be more productive. It has been analysed that the people professional helps in developing core behaviour which is crucial for individual development. Hence, the certain areas are needed to be looked carefully which eventually helps in presenting the ideas in better ways.
CIPD People Profession. 2020. Commercial Drive | CIPD Profession Map. [online] Available at:
CIPD People Profession. 2021. New Profession Map | CIPD Profession Map. [online] Available at:
Greasley, K. and Thomas, P., 2020. HR analytics: The onto?epistemology and politics of metricised HRM. Human Resource Management Journal.
Griggs, V. and Allen, J., 2018. The Value of an HR Professional Group for Organizational Learning. International Journal of HRD Policy, Practice and Research, 3(1), pp.43-57.
Harrison, P., Tosey, P., Anderson, V. and Elliott, C., 2020. HRD professional education provision in the UK: past, present and future. Human Resource Development International, pp.1-19.
Mcdonnell, L. and Sikander, A., 2017. Skills and competencies for the contemporary human resource practitioner: a synthesis of the academic, industry and employers' perspectives. The Journal of Developing Areas, 51(1), pp.83-101.
Ross, C., Nichol, L., Elliott, C., Sambrook, S. and Stewart, J., 2020. The role of HRD in bridging the research-practice gap: the case of learning and development. Human Resource Development International, 23(2), pp.108-124.
van den Berg, M.J., Stander, M.W. and van der Vaart, L., 2020. An exploration of key human resource practitioner competencies in a digitally transformed organisation. SA Journal of Human Resource Management, 18, p.13.