Students quite often come across the words, reliability, and validity in their academic careers. These terms have been frequently explored by scholars to provide better clarity over the conceptual difference between them. It is by assessing these two parameters reliability vs validity, in the academic research papers that the quality of submission is determined by the evaluator. If the presented assignment or research is not reliable, then it would be considered invalid for the academic audience. By confirming the parameter of reliability, the evaluator checks whether the submission holds relevance with the assigned topic.
Subscribe our YouTube channel for more related videos
What are the contextual differences amid Reliability vs Validity?
The parameter of reliability checks whether the research outcomes are stable, whereas the parameter of validity ensures that the study delivers the anticipated results.
What is validity?
It is the accuracy of the content provided in a research paper which determines whether it is valid or not. Hence the literature with a higher level of validity would be considered as handy literature among the academic audience. Thus, validity could be termed as a measuring unit which determines whether the research paper could be referred for further studies. The parameter of validity could be further classified into three divisions.
1. Criterion validity: It measures the standard of a commodity or literature by checking the performance of the instruments used in it. As per this parameter, the mentioned standards should be an impartial and dependable one.
2. Content validity: By this parameter, it is checked whether the valid information from the assigned topic is included in the research paper. If the researcher has not included adequate coverage from the related topic, then the literature would be considered as an invalid one. The term content validity also signifies the range of relevant data used in the literature.
3. Construct Validity: The parameter would help to assess the level to which the researcher has conducted a study in the submitted paper.
What is the reliability?
If the presented literature displays the frequent application of quality measures, it would be considered a reliable one in the academic community. It is by the implementation of various measuring processes like internal consistency methods, test-retest approach, and alternative forms that the evaluator measures the reliability of the literature.
The quality of reliability is ascertained by checking two significant aspects.
Equivalence: – This parameter is ascertained by comparing the observation of the submitted paper with arguments of other researchers on the same topic. If the observation made in the literature is in harmony with the arguments of other prominent scholars, then the research paper could be considered as a reliable one.
Stability: – The recurring study and assessment in the same research should be coherent with each other. If the different sections provide the context with contradicting observations in the same paper, then the literature would be termed as unstable.
We recommend our readers to avoid random errors in their research papers since it would be declared as unreliable one and consequentially sabotaging your whole efforts.
The difference in reliability vs validity
Below are provided with some of the basic dissimilarities between reliability vs validity:
Table: Reliability vs Validity
· It is the degree of accuracy, which is calculated by checking the parameter of reliability. The paper will fail in this aspect if the conclusion contains inconsistent outcomes.
· The parameter defines whether the paper could be referred to for future studies. The same conclusion in the paper should be achieved after multiple studies.
· The measurement of reliability could be done in a very easy manner.
· It does not imply that a paper would be valid if it is relevant.
· The parameter of reliability is not significant when the analysis of a multi-dimensional unit is done.
· By checking the parameter of validity, the evaluator checks whether the research /literature provides the desired outcome.
· The validity factor of literature checks whether the study has analyzed the issue which it was expected to perform.
· Evaluating the validity parameter of literature is not an easy task.
· If research is termed to be reliable then obviously it could be termed as a reliable one.
· The validity parameter has a large significance while conducting a multi-dimensional study.
Reliability vs Validity in Sociological Context
The effectiveness of a tool to conduct the measurement of the intended parameter is termed to be its validity. When considered the discipline of sociology, the survey could be considered a very valid instrument. It is to maintain balance in the environment that the tool of validity is used in the sociology discipline.
It is to display the existence of repetitive stability that the reliability is used in the discipline of sociology. The term also signifies a certain level of predictability in the sociology discipline. Consider the occurrence of rainfall at a certain place, and there would be no reliability in the document that showcases the daily measurement since it would be very random. However, you could observe a uniformity if the comparison is done between the annual measurements.
The concept of reliability vs validity is done in the discipline of sociology to measure the coherence of various groups while staying in a single community. In a way, the unity of particular demography while sharing the same resources is measured in this concept.
Reliability vs Validity in Psychological context
The discipline of psychology is in a very dynamic and developing stage since each day, new researches are revealing new aspects of the human mind. The meaning and relevance of every term in psychology keep on changing by recurring studies.
The concept of validity is very different in psychology when compared to other disciplines. The concept of validity is classified further into external validity and internal validity in the discipline of psychology. The external validity is controlled by conducting the operations in the practical environment. The internal validity is though balanced by manipulating the external factors by following the academic regulations.
As described in other disciplines, the term reliability signifies the factor of consistency in the discipline of psychology also. Reliability is also further classified into internal reliability and external reliability. Whereas external reliability signifies the range of variation of the selected measure, internal reliability denotes the steadiness of a measure.
We hope that this article on reliability vs validity would help you in drafting a respectable research paper. Thank You.
Total Assignment Help
Incase, you are looking for an opportunity to work from home and earn big money. TotalAssignmenthelp Affiliate program is the best choice for you.
Do visit : https://www.totalassignmenthelp.com/affiliate-program for more details
Total Assignment help is an online assignment help service available in 9 countries. Our local operations span across Australia, US, UK, South east Asia and the Middle East. With extensive experience in academic writing, Total assignment help has a strong track record delivering quality writing at a nominal price that meet the unique needs of students in our local markets.
We have specialized network of highly trained writers, who can provide best possible assignment help solution for all your needs. Next time you are looking for assignment help, make sure to give us a try.
Get the best Assignment Help from leading experts from the field of academics with assured onetime, 100% plagiarism free and top Quality delivery.